We’ve combined convenient access with extra security for all of our Members; the result being Secured Checking built for anyone who needs the power of 24/7 worldwide access.
The following benefits will be yours with Secured Checking:
- No minimum opening deposit requirement
- No average daily balance requirement
- Overdraft Protection**
- SAFCU@Home (online banking) – 24/7 Secure Online Access
- SAFCU’s Bill Payer (via online banking) – Unlimited Bill paying
- Connect with Quicken (via online banking)
- SAFCU-By-Phone (audio banking)
- SAFCU Mobile Banking
- SAFCU’s SnapDeposit (Photo Deposit – via Mobile Banking)*
- Shared Branching access at more than 5,000 Credit Union locations
- IDProtect®- Identity Theft Protection Service
- Send and receive money to/from other SAFCU Members/accounts
- Paperless e-Statements
- Account alerts to help manage your money and avoid fees
- Visa® Debit Card*
- Surcharge-free ATM access at more than 30,000 CO-OP Network locations
- Fraud Risk Protection – 24 hour monitoring of SAFCU Debit Cards
- Direct Deposit
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Unlimited Debit Card Use
- Free first box of checks
- Monthly $5 Fee
Open a Secured Checking Account
Call (800) 541-2546 or visit our office today!
*Approval and Direct Deposit Required
Visa Check Card
Your SAFCU Visa Check card will give you surcharge-free access at more ATMs than even the largest U.S. bank. Learn more about SAFCU's Visa Check Card
The ease of an ATM card with the purchasing power of Visa
- Cash access at more than 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs, including 5,500 7-Eleven locations
- Make deposits at 9,000 deposit-taking ATMs
- Use at millions of locations around the world, anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted
- Shop online with any website that accepts Visa® Check cards
- No annual fee
- Verified by Visa program for secure Internet shopping
- Zero Liability protects you from fraudulent charges made with your card
Avoid the cost and embarrassment of checking overdrafts
We offer Member-friendly Overdraft Protection to provide automatic protection should you ever find yourself with not enough money in your checking account.
|What is it?||In the event that you do not have enough money in your account, Overdraft Protection will transfer available funds from one of your eligible SAFCU accounts to pay the transaction.|
|How does it work?||If we receive a transaction that cannot be covered by the funds in your checking account, we'll automatically transfer enough to cover your account. If a line of credit is used to cover the transaction, interest will accrue on the outstanding balance until the loan is paid in full.|
|Eligible accounts||Savings Account - up to 6 transfers per month.
Money Market Account - up to 6 transfers per month.
Line of Credit - subject to applicable finance charges.
|Fees||You must maintain a balance or credit limit that will cover any overdrafts from your Checking Account, otherwise a standard $30 non-sufficient funds fee will apply per transaction.|
|How to get started||Contact the Credit Union at (714) 834-1341 or (800) 541-2546 to set up Overdraft Protection for your checking account.|
Need more overdraft protection options? Check out our Courtesy Pay!
ID Protect is an identity theft protection service for Members with Secured Checking Accounts, their family, and joint account owners1.
Identity Theft Protection Service Includes:
- Credit File Monitoring - daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (registration/activation required).
- Total Identity Monitoring - continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others (registration/activation required).
- 3-in-1 Credit Report - request 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of credit alert (registration/activation required).
- Credit Score - receive new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (registration/activation required).
- Up to $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage2 - for expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- Fully managed Identity Theft Resolution Services and Personal Information Management Program (for full list of benefits and services - visit www.IDProtectMe247.com).
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored.
- Identity theft recovery case plan to inform you of the recovery process.
- Debit and credit card registration (registration/activation required).
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources
Call one of SAFCU’s friendly Call Center Representatives or drop by the branch and one of SAFCU’s Member Service Representatives can assist you with any questions you may have regarding IDProtect.
1IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to account owner(s) and their family. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, children under 25 years of age, and parent(s) who are residents of the same household. Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to businesses and their employees, clubs and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students.
2Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.