Protecting your privacy is of great importance to your Credit Union. That’s why we have always maintained a strict confidentiality policy to protect not only your financial assets, but your personal information, as well.
INFORMATION WE GATHER
In the course of providing services to you, we gather information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms (including web-based communications, applications and forms);
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates;
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies; and
- Information obtained when verifying information you provide on applications or other forms (this may be from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
As Permitted By Law: We may disclose information we have gathered about you as permitted or required by law. For example, information may be disclosed in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process or to credit bureaus.
To Parties That Provide Services For Us: We may disclose information we have gathered about you to companies that perform services on our behalf. We enter into a contractual agreement with each service provider to ensure that your information is kept confidential, secure, and is used only for the contracted purpose. These disclosures include information necessary to process transactions on your behalf, follow your instructions, conduct our operations, or ensure the security of our financial records. These companies may assist us, for example, in check printing, credit card processing, and mailing account statements.
In addition, we may disclose information we have gathered about you to companies that perform marketing support or other services for us. The following information may be disclosed to such service providers:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms (such as your name, address, and/or date of birth);
- Information about your transactions with us (such as your account balance, credit card transactions and the types of products or services you use); and
- Information we exchange with consumer reporting agencies (such as your credit history).
Except as set out above we do not, nor will we ever, sell, share, trade or rent names or other information about our Members or former Members to third parties.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Access to information about you is limited to those team members, our employees, who provide products or services to you. Our team members are trained and understand the importance of safeguarding your information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed federal standards to protect your information. If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, please contact us at (714) 834-1341 or (800) 541-2546.